- 1/2 10 ounce package frozen, chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry, or 1 cup packed fresh spinach (1 1/2 ounces)
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
1. In a blender, combine the spinach, buttermilk, egg, and oil and blend until smooth (about 30 seconds).
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Whisk the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until just combined.
3. Grease a large skillet or griddle and heat over medium heat. For each pancake, pour about 1 tablespoon of the batter onto the griddle, leaving space between each for the batter to spread. Cook for 2 minutes per batch or until browned, turning once.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 133, Fat, total (g): 4, chol. (mg): 34, sat. fat (g): 1, carb. (g): 20, Monounsaturated fat (g): 2, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 1, Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): 2, sugar (g): 5, pro. (g): 6, vit. A (IU): 1315, vit. C (mg): 1, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): , Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 22, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): , sodium (mg): 325, Potassium (mg): 149, calcium (mg): 133, iron (mg): 1, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.