Servings: 6 Yield: servings Prep 20 mins Slow Cook on HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for 6 hours
- 4 cups low-sodium spicy vegetable juice
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 cups cauliflower florets (about half a head)
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 zucchini, cut into 1-inch dice
- 1 large summer squash, cut into 1-inch dice
- 1 sweet orange pepper, seeded and cut into 1-inch dice
- 2 ribs celery, sliced
- 1 cup pearled barley
- 1 can (15 oz) kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 pkg frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
1. Coat slow cooker bowl with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Stir in 3 cups of the vegetable juice, the chili powder, salt, oregano, cumin, onion and garlic. Stir in cauliflower, corn, zucchini, squash, sweet pepper, celery and barley.
3. Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for 6 hours. During last 30 minutes of cooking time, stir in remaining 1 cup vegetable juice, the beans and spinach. Garnish with cilantro and serve.
Tip For easy cleanup:
- Line your slow cooker with a disposable slow cooker liner. Add ingredients as directed in recipe. Once your dish is finished cooking, spoon the food out of your slow cooker and simply dispose of the liner. Do not lift or transport the disposable liner with food inside.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 341, Fat, total (g): 2, chol. (mg): , sat. fat (g): , carb. (g): 72, fiber (g): 19, pro. (g): 15, sodium (mg): 791, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.