Servings: 8 Prep 15 mins Grill 10 mins
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 3 chipotles in adobo, seeded and chopped, plus 2 tsp adobo
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped, plus more for garnish
- 1/3 cup finely grated onion
- 2 cloves garlic, finely grated
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces smoked mozzarella, thinly sliced
- 8 potato hamburger buns
- 1 large tomato, cut into 8 slices
1. Heat a grill or grill pan to medium-high heat. In a large bowl, combine beef, chipotles, adobo, cilantro, onion, garlic and salt. Form into 8 patties. Grill 4 minutes; flip and distribute cheese among burgers. Grill another 3 to 4 minutes for medium, or to desired doneness. Remove to a plate. Grill buns on cut side 1 to 2 minutes until lightly charred.
2. Place burgers on buns and garnish with tomato slices, cilantro and, if desired, Chipotle Sour Cream.
Tip Chipotle Sour Cream
- In a small bowl, combine 1 cup sour cream, 1 seeded and diced chipotle in adobo, 1 tsp adobo and 1/4 tsp salt.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 400, Fat, total (g): 19, chol. (mg): 89, sat. fat (g): 9, carb. (g): 25, fiber (g): 2, pro. (g): 32, sodium (mg): 1059, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.