Servings: 4 Prep 30 mins Total Time 30 mins
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound tilapia filets, cut into 2-inch thick strips
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup rinsed and drained reduced-sodium black beans
- 8 6 inches corn tortillas
- 1 avocado
- Juice of 1 lime
- Fresh salsa
1. In a shallow dish combine the chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper. Dredge the fish in the spice rub.
2. In a large nonstick skillet heat the oil over medium heat. Add the fish and cook until fish flakes easily with a fork, about 3 minutes per side. Heat the beans and tortillas. Set aside.
3. In a small bowl mash the avocado. Stir in half the lime juice. Toss the shredded cabbage with remaining lime juice. Layer each tortilla with fish, black beans, cabbage, salsa, and a dollop of the avocado.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 327, Fat, total (g): 15, sat. fat (g): 2, carb. (g): 25, fiber (g): 6, sugar (g): 2, pro. (g): 27, sodium (mg): 314, calcium (mg): 66, iron (mg): 3, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.