Servings: 4 to 6 Yield: 4 cups Prep 10 mins Cook 22 mins to 25 mins
- 3 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- dash salt
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup dried cherries, chopped
1. In a large saucepan, combine the almond milk, rice, and salt and bring just to boiling over medium-high heat. Reduce to just simmering (low to medium-low heat); cover. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 12 to 15 minutes or until rice is soft but still has a bite to it. (Watch carefully, as the mixture does bubble up in the saucepan.)
2. Stir in the honey, cardamom, and cinnamon. Cover and simmer 10 minutes more or until the rice is very tender and most of the liquid has been absorbed (the mixture should be creamy). Stir in the cherries. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 302, Fat, total (g): 2, chol. (mg): , sat. fat (g): , carb. (g): 65, Monounsaturated fat (g): 1, Polyunsaturated fat (g): , Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): 2, sugar (g): 28, pro. (g): 4, vit. A (IU): 751, vit. C (mg): , Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 1, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): , Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): , sodium (mg): 153, Potassium (mg): 217, calcium (mg): 353, iron (mg): 1, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.