Servings: 4 Yield: 4 eggs + 4 1/2 cups sauce Active Time 12 mins Total Time 30 mins
- 1 bunch lacinato kale, stems removed and chopped (6 cups)
- 1 23 1/2 ounce jar lower sodium marinara sauce (2 1/2 cups)
- 1 15 ounce can reduced-sodium cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1. Combine the marinara, kale, cannellini beans, paprika, and cinnamon in an 8x8-in. glass baking dish. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and microwave on high for 5 minutes or until bubbly.
2. Uncover and stir. Use a spoon to make 4 wells in the marinara mixture. Crack an egg into each well. Season with salt. Gently pierce each yolk with a knife.
3. Cover the dish with a damp paper towel and microwave at 80 percent power for 3 or 4 minutes. Cook in 30- second bursts until the eggs are almost set. (Whites will still be somewhat clear.) Let stand for 5 minutes or until set to your liking.
Tip The Secret To Microwaving Eggs
- Gently pierce the yolk just before cooking. The eggs will continue to set after cooking, so let them stand for a few minutes if you want firmer yolks.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 256, Fat, total (g): 7, chol. (mg): 186, sat. fat (g): 2, carb. (g): 34, Monounsaturated fat (g): 3, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 2, Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): 8, sugar (g): 13, pro. (g): 15, vit. A (IU): 4044, vit. C (mg): 27, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): , Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 54, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): , sodium (mg): 701, Potassium (mg): 704, calcium (mg): 164, iron (mg): 4, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.