Servings: 8 Yield: servings Prep 15 mins Cook 8 mins
- 1 1/2 pounds Brussels sprouts (about 7 cups), trimmed
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup sliced shallots
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 cup grated Pecorino Romano
1. Shred Brussels sprouts in a food processor fitted with a slicing blade. Set aside.
2. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add spaghetti and cook 8 minutes. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup of the pasta water.
3. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Stir in shallots and garlic; cook 2 minutes. Mix in shredded Brussels sprouts; cook 4 minutes. Using tongs, add spaghetti to skillet. Stir in pasta water, hazelnuts, salt, freshly cracked pepper and 3/4 cup of the Pecorino. Toss well. Place in a serving bowl and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup Pecorino.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 460, Fat, total (g): 21, chol. (mg): 15, sat. fat (g): 5, carb. (g): 52, fiber (g): 6, pro. (g): 18, sodium (mg): 422, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.