Servings: 6 to 8 Prep 25 mins Bake 375°F 27 mins to 30 mins Cool 10 mins
- 1 recipe Southwest Whole-Wheat Pie Dough
- 1 pound uncooked ground turkey breast
- 1 1 1/4 ounce package reduced-sodium taco seasoning mix
- 1 cup no-salt-added black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup drained canned whole kernel corn
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese (4 ounces)
- 1 cup shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1/2 cup light sour cream (optional)
- 2 green onions, sliced (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. On a lightly floured surface roll out dough to a 12-inch circle. Line a 9-inch pie plate with the dough, fluting edge as desired. Prick the bottom of the pastry with the tines of a fork. Bake for 15 minutes or until crust is lightly browned and is set and dry.
2. In a large skillet cook turkey in hot oil over medium heat until browned. Stir in taco seasoning and 1/2 cup water. Cook and stir for 3 to 5 minutes or until water has evaporated. Stir in beans and corn. Spoon turkey mixture into baked pie shell. Top with cheese.
3. Bake 12 to 15 minutes more or until cheese is melted and filling is heated through. Remove and cool 10 minutes on a wire rack.
4. Top slices of pie with tomato, lettuce and sour cream and green onion, if desired.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 341, Fat, total (g): 17, chol. (mg): 92, sat. fat (g): 9, carb. (g): 25, Monounsaturated fat (g): 5, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 1, fiber (g): 4, sugar (g): 2, pro. (g): 22, vit. A (IU): 875, vit. C (mg): 4, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 1, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 32, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): , sodium (mg): 646, Potassium (mg): 241, calcium (mg): 162, iron (mg): 2, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.