Servings: 4 Prep 25 mins Cook 8 mins
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
Dressing and Salad
- 1/4 cup chipotle mayo
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 head green leaf lettuce, trimmed, rinsed and torn into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 each sweet red and green pepper, cored and cut into thin strips
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar
- 1 cup tortilla strips (such as Ortega)
Make It Beef Topping
1. Cook beef in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat for 5 minutes, breaking apart with a wooden spoon. Drain off excess fat. Add chili and garlic powders and cook 1 minute. Stir in beans; heat through, about 2 minutes. Dressing and Salad
2. In a small bowl, whisk mayo, milk, lime juice and sugar. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, toss lettuce, pepper strips and cherry tomatoes with dressing. Top with beef mixture, shredded cheddar and tortilla strips.
- You can substitute ground turkey, chicken or even meatloaf mix for the ground beef in these recipes.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 440, Fat, total (g): 21, chol. (mg): 85, sat. fat (g): 7, carb. (g): 31, fiber (g): 9, pro. (g): 32, sodium (mg): 524, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.