Servings: 8 Prep 15 mins Cook 5 hrs
- 3 cups packaged coleslaw mix (from 1-pound bag)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 medium yellow squash, halved lengthwise and sliced crosswise 1/4 inch thick
- 1 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced crosswise 1/4 inch thick
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 2 cans (14.5 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1 can (15 ounces) red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced prosciutto, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried Italian herb seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- 1 cup ditalini pasta
- Grated Parmesan (optional)
1. In 5- to 5-1/2-quart slow cooker, place coleslaw mix, onion, carrots, yellow squash, zucchini, garlic, diced tomatoes, chicken broth, kidney beans, water, prosciutto, Italian seasoning, salt, black pepper and red-pepper flakes; stir to combine.
2. Cover slow cooker; cook on high heat for 4-1/2 hours.
3. Stir ditalini into mixture in slow cooker. Cover; cook 30 minutes.
4. To serve, spoon into bowls. Sprinkle with Parmesan, if desired. Makes 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 222, Fat, total (g): 4, chol. (mg): 12, sat. fat (g): 1, carb. (g): 34, fiber (g): 9, pro. (g): 13, sodium (mg): 1367, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.