Servings: 6 Prep 10 mins Cook 20 mins
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 ounces chorizo sausage (about 2), cut into small dice
- 1 medium-size onion, chopped
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups water
- 1 can (15 ounces) great northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15 ounces) red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1 large potato, scrubbed and diced
- 1 large carrot, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1. Heat oil in a large pot over high heat. Add the chorizo and onion and cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Add chicken broth, water, both types of beans, tomatoes (with their juice), potato, carrot and oregano. Cover and bring to a boil. Remove the cover and simmer on high for 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir occasionally. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 355, Fat, total (g): 16, chol. (mg): 27, sat. fat (g): 5, carb. (g): 40, fiber (g): 12, pro. (g): 18, sodium (mg): 1136, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.