Servings: 12 Prep 15 mins Cook 30 mins
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped carrot
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 pound baking potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) beer
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon Dijon-style mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon hot-pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups shredded extra-sharp Cheddar cheese
1. Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, carrot and celery; cook until very tender, about 10 minutes. Stir in flour; cook 1 minute. Add potato, broth and beer. Bring to boiling; cook 10 to 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
2. Combine heavy cream, mustard, salt, hot-pepper sauce and Worcestershire sauce in small bowl. Stir into soup. Remove from heat. Add cheese, stirring, until cheese is melted and smooth.
3. Remove 2 cups of soup and solids to blender or food processor. Puree. Stir back into soup. Serve immediately. Makes 12 servings.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 12; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 208, Fat, total (g): 16, chol. (mg): 36, sat. fat (g): 7, carb. (g): 11, fiber (g): 1, pro. (g): 7, sodium (mg): 751, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.