Yield: 5 cups Prep 10 mins Cook 30 mins to 35 mins
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 medium-size onion, chopped
- 1 sweet red pepper, diced
- 1 sweet green pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 medium-size zucchini, diced (about 2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (19 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1/2 cup canned vegetable broth
1. Heat oil in large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onion, red and green peppers, and jalapeno; saute for 5 minutes. Add zucchini; cook until onions are translucent and softened, about 4 minutes. Add chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper.
2. Stir in tomatoes, black beans, corn and vegetable broth; simmer for 20 to 25 minutes or until reduced and thickened. Makes 5 cups.
Nutrition Facts Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 87, Fat, total (g): 3, chol. (mg): , sat. fat (g): , carb. (g): 15, fiber (g): 4, pro. (g): 5, sodium (mg): 339, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.