- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes in puree
- 1 14 ounce can chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
- Sour cream (optional)
1. In a saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and cook 8 minutes until softened and browned. Add carrot and garlic and cook 1 minute more. Stir in tomatoes with puree, chicken broth, salt, thyme, and pepper. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low and simmer 15 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes. Stir in vinegar.
2. Puree soup in a blender in two batches. Return to saucepan and heat through. Serve with sour cream, if desired.
Nutrition Facts Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 127, Fat, total (g): 4, chol. (mg): , sat. fat (g): 1, carb. (g): 17, Monounsaturated fat (g): 2, Polyunsaturated fat (g): , Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): 4, sugar (g): 8, pro. (g): 6, vit. A (IU): 3532, vit. C (mg): 22, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): , Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 6, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): , sodium (mg): 763, Potassium (mg): 86, calcium (mg): 82, iron (mg): 3, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.