Servings: 6 Prep 20 mins Cook 15 mins
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 3 cans (14 ounces each) vegetable broth
- 3/4 pound small new potatoes, quartered
- 1/2 pound peeled baby carrots
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1 bunch thin asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 medium-size zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch-thick half moons
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- 6 tablespoons shaved Parmesan cheese
1. In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion, garlic and mushrooms. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
2. Add broth, potatoes, carrots and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium, cover, and simmer for 5 minutes.
3. Add thyme, asparagus, zucchini, beans and red-pepper flakes. Cover and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
4. To serve, spoon into bowls and top each with 1 tablespoon shaved Parmesan cheese. Makes 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 304, Fat, total (g): 8, chol. (mg): 5, sat. fat (g): 2, carb. (g): 47, fiber (g): 4, pro. (g): 16, sodium (mg): 1370, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.