Servings: 10 Prep 10 mins Cook 40 mins
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 medium-size onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 sweet green pepper, chopped
- 3 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded, diced
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) stewed tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 5 drops hot-pepper sauce
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked white rice
- 1 pound medium-size shrimp, sliced in half
- 1/2 pound scallops
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
Make It Roux:
1. Heat oil in Dutch oven. Stir in flour, a tablespoon at a time; cook, stirring, until flour begins to brown, 3 to 4 minutes.
2. Add onion, garlic, green pepper, celery, jalapeno; cook for 10 to 12 minutes, until celery is softened. Add tomatoes, red-pepper flakes, paprika, cayenne, pepper sauce, bouillon liquid and rice. Simmer, covered, for 20 minutes.
3. Add shrimp, scallops, salt and pepper; simmer until seafood is opaque, about 3 minutes.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 10; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 207, Fat, total (g): 7, chol. (mg): 58, sat. fat (g): 1, carb. (g): 27, pro. (g): 11, sodium (mg): 773, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.