Servings: 4 Prep 20 mins Chill several hours or overnight
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 small red onion, minced
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 3 large ripe tomatoes, peeled, cored, seeded and diced
- 1 small sweet green pepper, diced
- 2 cups thick tomato juice
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 8 ounce bottled clam juice
- 1/4 cup red-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano OR: 1 teaspoon dried
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil OR: 1 teaspoon dried
- 1/4 teaspoon liquid hot-pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound fully-cooked peeled shrimp, chopped
1. In large bowl, combine cucumber, onion, garlic, tomatoes and green pepper. In medium-size bowl, stir together tomato juice, chicken broth, clam juice, vinegar, oregano, basil, pepper sauce, salt and black pepper. Pour over vegetables. Refrigerate, covered, several hours or overnight.
2. Divide soup among 4 bowls. Top with chopped shrimp. Serve chilled. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 191, Fat, total (g): 2, chol. (mg): 222, sat. fat (g): 1, carb. (g): 15, fiber (g): 3, pro. (g): 27, sodium (mg): 1290, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.