Yield: 8 cups Prep 10 mins Cook 25 mins
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 container (32 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) corn, drained
- 1 pound cooked shrimp, peeled
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2/3 cup crushed tortilla chips
- Lime and sliced green onion, optional
1. In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion, cover, and cook until soft, about 8 minutes. Add garlic and cook 1 minute more. Stir in broth, tomatoes, and salsa, increase heat, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
2. Stir in drained corn, shrimp, and avocado, and heat through. Stir in cilantro and crushed tortilla chips, and serve immediately. Garnish with lime and green onion, if desired.
Nutrition Facts Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 204, Fat, total (g): 9, carb. (g): 19, fiber (g): 3, pro. (g): 15, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.