Servings: 8 Prep 15 mins Cook 20 mins Roast 400°F 30 mins
- 1 large head cauliflower (3 pounds), cut into flowerets (10 cups)
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, each halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cans (14.5 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees F. In large roasting pan, toss cauliflower, onion slices and garlic with olive oil.
2. Roast in 400 degree F oven for 30 minutes, stirring after 15 minutes.
3. In large saucepan, combine roasted cauliflower mixture, chicken broth, water, bay leaf and thyme. Cover; bring to boiling. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 20 minutes.
4. Discard bay leaf. In blender or food processor, puree soup in batches. Return soup to saucepan. Stir in half-and-half, salt and pepper; gently heat. Makes 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 98, Fat, total (g): 9, chol. (mg): 13, sat. fat (g): 3, carb. (g): 4, fiber (g): 1, pro. (g): 2, sodium (mg): 741, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.