Servings: 8 Prep 10 mins Bake 350°F 1 hr Cook 25 mins to 30 mins
- 3 pounds butternut squash (1 large or 2 small), seeded, peeled, cut into 8 wedges
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled, crushed
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored and coarsely chopped
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. In roasting pan, mix squash and 2 tablespoons oil. Arrange squash, curved side up; place garlic in curved part of squash.
2. Roast in 350 degree F oven 1 hour or until tender. Turn halfway through cooking.
3. In large pot, heat remaining oil. Add onion; saute 5 minutes, until softened. Add squash, garlic, apple, broth, cider, salt, black pepper and nutmeg. Bring to a boil over high heat. Cover; reduce heat to medium. Simmer 25 minutes, until apple and squash are very soft.
4. Working in batches, puree soup in food processor. Rewarm. Garnish with sour cream and cinnamon. Makes 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 161, Fat, total (g): 9, chol. (mg): 8, sat. fat (g): 2, carb. (g): 21, fiber (g): 4, pro. (g): 2, sodium (mg): 936, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.