Servings: 6 Prep 15 mins Cook 8 mins
- 1 12 ounce jar roasted red peppers in brine, drained
- 1 14 1/2 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 28 ounce can tomato puree
- 1 cup low-sodium and fat-free chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream
- croutons, for serving
1. Combine drained peppers and diced tomatoes in a blender. Puree until smooth.
2. Heat oil in a large soup pot over medium heat. Add pepper-tomato mixture, tomato puree, chicken broth, sugar, salt and pepper. Heat just to simmering, about 8 minutes. Remove from heat and whisk in heavy cream. Return to stove and heat through. Ladle soup into bowls; top each with a few croutons.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 236, Fat, total (g): 17, chol. (mg): 54, sat. fat (g): 10, carb. (g): 17, fiber (g): 1, pro. (g): 5, sodium (mg): 694, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.