Servings: 4 Prep 10 mins Cook 20 mins
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 bag (16 ounces) baby carrots, coarsely chopped (about 112 cups)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 vegetable bouillon cubes
- 1 package (1 pound) red lentils, picked over and rinsed
- 1 bunch (about 34 pound) fresh kale, rinsed, tough stems removed, leaves coarsely chopped (about 8 cups)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle-flavored hot pepper sauce
1. In large, deep pot, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion, carrots and cumin; cook 5 minutes or until softened.
2. Add bouillon cubes and 8 cups water. Bring to a simmer. Add lentils. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low and cook 10 minutes.
3. Uncover pot. Raise heat to high; stir in kale and salt. Cook 5 minutesuncovered, stirring occasionallyor until kale is tender. Remove from heat; stir in hot sauce.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 269, Fat, total (g): 5, chol. (mg): , sat. fat (g): 1, carb. (g): 44, fiber (g): 11, pro. (g): 17, sodium (mg): 936, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.