Servings: 8 Prep 15 mins Cook 40 mins
- 1 pumpkin (2-1/2 pounds), baked and chopped
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 pears, peeled, cored and diced
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 cans (13-3/4 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
1. Prepare pumpkin. Meanwhile, cook carrots, celery, onion and pears in butter in large nonstick saucepan 10 minutes. Add broth, nutmeg, cinnamon, syrup, salt, pepper and pumpkin. Simmer 30 minutes, until tender. Working in batches, puree soup in blender or food processor. Pour back into saucepan.
2. Pour 1/2 cup cream into soup.
3. Beat remaining cream in small bowl. Stir in cardamom.
4. To serve, ladle soup into bowls. Dollop with heavy cream. Makes 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 225, Fat, total (g): 17, chol. (mg): 52, sat. fat (g): 9, carb. (g): 19, fiber (g): 3, pro. (g): 3, sodium (mg): 924, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.