Servings: 8 Prep 15 mins Cook 16 mins
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 14 1/2 ounce can diced tomatoes with basil, garlic and oregano
- 2 14 1/2 ounce cans reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 8 ounce (about 2 cups) small pasta shells
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 bunch fresh kale, tough stems discarded, cut into 1-inch pieces and washed
- 2 cans small white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Grated Parmesan, for serving
1. Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onion and cook 5 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute.
2. Stir in tomatoes, broth and 3 cups water. Bring to a simmer over high heat. Add pasta and Italian seasoning. Cook, stirring, 5 minutes.
3. Stir in kale; cook 5 minutes more. Reduce heat to medium and stir in beans, tomato paste, salt and pepper. Heat through.
4. Ladle into bowls; garnish with Parmesan.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 260, Fat, total (g): 5, chol. (mg): , sat. fat (g): 1, carb. (g): 48, fiber (g): 8, pro. (g): 13, sodium (mg): 791, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.