Servings: 4 Prep 15 mins Cook 17 mins
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups reduced-fat (2%) milk
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 3 6 ounce cans minced clams
- 1 pound small red-skinned potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 teaspoon low-sodium Old Bay seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Tossed salad, crusty bread (optional)
1. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat; add onion and cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in wine and cook 1 minute; sprinkle in flour and cook 1 minute.
2. Gradually stir in milk and chicken broth. Drain liquid from clams into measuring cup. Add 1 cup of the clam juice to the pot and reserve the clams. Add potatoes, cover and simmer 10 minutes.
3. Add reserved clams, corn, Old Bay, salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer to heat through. Turn off heat and stir in parsley.
4. Serve with tossed salad and crusty bread, if desired.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 381, Fat, total (g): 7, chol. (mg): 38, sat. fat (g): 2, carb. (g): 56, fiber (g): 4, pro. (g): 21, sodium (mg): 807, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.