Servings: 6 Prep 10 mins Cook 40 mins
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 red onions, quartered lengthwise, sliced crosswise
- 2 garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 can (16 ounces) tomato puree (no salt added)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 sweet green peppers, cut in 1/2-inch squares
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 1 can (15 ounces) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 12 ounces orzo pasta, cooked
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
1. Toss flour and chicken in bag to coat. Cook chicken in oil in nonstick skillet 6 minutes, until browned, turning once. Transfer to plate.
2. Cook onion in skillet 7 minutes. Add garlic, cinnamon, ginger, cumin, cayenne; cook 1 minute. Stir in tomato, honey and salt. Add chicken; simmer, covered, 10 minutes. Stir in peppers, raisins and chickpeas; simmer, stirring, 15 minutes, until peppers are tender and chicken is no longer pink near bone.
3. Serve over orzo. Sprinkle with almonds and parsley. Makes 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 475, Fat, total (g): 12, chol. (mg): 47, carb. (g): 69, pro. (g): 26, sodium (mg): 679, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.