Servings: 4 Prep 20 mins Cook 45 mins
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 small sweet red peppers, cored, seeded and chopped
- 1 hot pepper, such as jalapeno
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 6 ears shucked fresh corn, kernels cut and milk scraped from cob
- 1 small tomato, seeded and chopped
- 3 cups water
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 2 - 3 drops hot-pepper sauce
- 1 lime, sliced into wedges
- 8 tortilla chips, broken in pieces
1. Heat oil in Dutch oven. Add onion, red pepper and hot pepper; saute 4 minutes. Add garlic; saute until softened, 30 seconds. Add corn and tomato; saute 1 minute.
2. Add water, salt and pepper sauce. Simmer 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Refrigerate until cooled to room temperature.
3. Puree half of the soup in blender or food processor. Return all of the soup to the pot. Heat gently. Garnish with lime and chips. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 198, Fat, total (g): 5, chol. (mg): , sat. fat (g): 1, carb. (g): 38, pro. (g): 5, sodium (mg): 691, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.