Servings: 8 Prep 5 mins Cook 5 mins Stand 15 mins
- 3 13 3/4 ounce cans chicken broth
- 1 15 1/4 ounce can whole-kernel corn
- 1 14 1/2 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 15 ounce can red kidney beans
- 1 pound boneless, skinned chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- Tortilla chips
- Hot-pepper sauce (optional)
- Grated cheese and sour cream, for garnish (optional)
1. Combine the chicken broth, corn, diced tomatoes, beans and chicken in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
2. Cook 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Cover saucepan; let stand, steeping, for about 15 minutes.
3. Line soup bowls with tortilla chips. Ladle soup into bowls. Season with hot-pepper sauce and garnish with grated cheese and sour cream if desired. Makes 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 243, Fat, total (g): 9, chol. (mg): 38, sat. fat (g): 7, carb. (g): 25, pro. (g): 18, sodium (mg): 1193, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.