Servings: 4 Yield: about 4 cups Start to Finish 25 mins
- 1 3 pound cantaloupe or honeydew melon or 1 3-lb. watermelon piece, chopped (6 cups)
- 2 tablespoons lemon or lime juice
- 2 slices day-old Italian bread, crust removed and torn into small pieces (2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt and freshly ground black pepper
- cayenne pepper (optional)
1. Combine 5 cups of the melon in a blender or food processor with 2 tablespoons lemon or lime juice, the bread, olive oil, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper, if desired. Cover and blend until smooth (blend in batches, if necessary). Stir in remaining melon. Serve immediately or chill up to 2 hours before serving. Garnish with chopped toasted almonds.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 178, Fat, total (g): 9, sat. fat (g): 1, carb. (g): 23, Monounsaturated fat (g): 6, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 1, fiber (g): 2, sugar (g): 14, pro. (g): 3, vit. A (IU): 57, vit. C (mg): 1, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 2, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 69, sodium (mg): 261, Potassium (mg): 511, calcium (mg): 40, iron (mg): 1, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.