Servings: 6 Prep 40 mins Cook 35 mins
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 large leeks, thoroughly washed, tough green ends discarded, and diced (about 2-1/2 cups)
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 pound all-purpose potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 carrot
- 1 sprig parsley
- 1 sprig fresh dill
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 cups chicken broth OR: water
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
1. Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add leeks and onion; saute 5 minutes or until softened but not browned.
2. Add potatoes, carrot, parsley, dill, salt, pepper and chicken broth. Bring to boiling; reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 35 to 40 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
3. Working in batches if necessary, puree the mixture in a blender or food processor. Serve immediately, garnished with the chopped chives and parsley. Makes 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 153, Fat, total (g): 7, chol. (mg): 3, sat. fat (g): 1, carb. (g): 20, pro. (g): 3, sodium (mg): 856, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.