Servings: 6 Prep 15 mins Cook 50 mins
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless leg of lamb, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 large potatoes, peeled, diced
- 3 large carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 cup peas, fresh or frozen
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1. Combine lamb and flour in plastic food-storage bag; shake to coat. Remove meat; tap off excess flour.
2. Heat oil in large skillet. Add lamb; cook until browned all over, about 6 minutes. Add onion and garlic; cook, stirring, 3 minutes. Add wine, broth, ketchup, potatoes, carrots, celery, peas, bay leaf, salt, pepper and thyme. Simmer, covered, 40 minutes or until lamb and potatoes are cooked through. Discard bay leaf. Makes 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 370, Fat, total (g): 11, chol. (mg): 73, carb. (g): 36, pro. (g): 28, sodium (mg): 574, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.