Servings: 6 Prep 15 mins Cook 50 mins
- 6 Spanish onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 14 3/4 ounce cans reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1/4 cup dry sherry (optional)
- 6 slices Italian bread
- 6 slices reduced-sodium Swiss cheese
1. Cook onion in oil and butter in pot over medium heat, stirring frequently, 30 minutes until softened and caramelized. Stir in flour to coat onions. Cook 1 minute. Slowly stir in broth. Cover; cook over low heat 20 minutes. Add sherry if you wish.
2. Spoon soup into 6 individual oven-proof bowls. Top each with bread and cheese. Broil briefly to melt cheese.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 313, Fat, total (g): 14, chol. (mg): 32, carb. (g): 32, pro. (g): 14, sodium (mg): 616, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.