Yield: 16 cups Prep 20 mins Cook 30 mins
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 yellow onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound Yukon Gold potatoes (about 4 medium-size), unpeeled, scrubbed, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 5 14 1/2 ounce cans chicken broth
- 3 small zucchini, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 1/2 pound green beans, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 tomatoes, cored, seeded and chopped
- 4 cups spinach leaves (about 8 ounces), stemmed and coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh marjoram
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1. Heat oil and butter in large pot over medium heat. Add onion, garlic and potatoes; saute for 15 minutes or until onion is softened.
2. Add chicken broth. Bring to boiling. Add zucchini and green beans. Bring to boiling; reduce heat to medium. Simmer 12 to 15 minutes. Add tomatoes, spinach, marjoram, thyme, basil, salt and pepper. Bring to boiling; reduce heat to medium. Simmer 3 minutes or until all vegetables are tender. Serve.
Nutrition Facts Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 110, Fat, total (g): 7, chol. (mg): 7, sat. fat (g): 2, carb. (g): 10, fiber (g): 2, pro. (g): 2, sodium (mg): 625, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.