Servings: 4 Yield: about 5 cups Start to Finish 25 mins
- 2 pounds tomatoes, cored and chopped (4 cups)
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled if desired, seeded, and chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 small red onion, chopped (1/4 cup)
- 2 slices day-old Italian bread, crust removed and torn into small pieces (2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar or red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Chopped fresh Italian parsley
1. Combine 2 cups tomato, and 1 cup cucumber, the onion, bread, oil, vinegar, garlic, salt, pepper, and 1/2 cup water in a blender or food processor; cover and blend or process until smooth (blend in batches, if necessary). Transfer to a serving bowl. Stir in remaining tomatoes and cucumber.
2. Serve immediately or chill up to 2 hours before serving. Garnish with parsley.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 154, Fat, total (g): 8, sat. fat (g): 1, carb. (g): 20, Monounsaturated fat (g): 5, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 1, fiber (g): 3, sugar (g): 7, pro. (g): 4, vit. A (IU): 1846, vit. C (mg): 30, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 2, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 69, sodium (mg): 246, Potassium (mg): 639, calcium (mg): 50, iron (mg): 1, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.