The slightly sweet flavor of winter squash is delightful with spicy curry in this side-dish soup recipe.
1. Place squash in saucepan. Add enough water to cover. Simmer until very tender, 12 to 15 minutes. Drain.
2. Return squash to saucepan. Mash with water or broth and juice.
3. Heat butter in skillet. Add onion, garlic and curry powder; saute until onion is softened, about 3 minutes. Lower heat; cover and cook until onion is very soft, about 12 minutes.
4. Add to squash. Heat through.
5. Working in batches if necessary, puree squash mixture in processor or blender until smooth. Return to saucepan. Add salt, pepper, and lemon juice, if desired. Heat through.