Servings: 8 Prep 10 mins Cook 25 mins
- 2 slices bacon, diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 ribs celery, diced
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) clam juice
- 4 fish bouillon cubes, dissolved in 8 cups hot water
- 1 large potato, peeled and diced
- 3 cups mashed potatoes
- 1 pound cod fillet OR: haddock, diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1. In large saucepan, cook bacon over medium-high heat until crispy, 5 minutes. With slotted spoon, remove bacon; reserve for optional garnish.
2. To drippings in pot, add onion, celery and garlic; cook over medium heat, stirring, until vegetables are very tender, 10 minutes. Add wine; cook until almost dry, about 3 minutes. Pour in clam juice and fish bouillon; bring to boiling. Add diced potatoes; cook 5 minutes. Whisk in mashed potatoes. Bring to simmering.
3. Add fish to chowder; simmer until fish is cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in parsley, chives, pepper and bacon pieces if desired.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 164, Fat, total (g): 6, chol. (mg): 26, sat. fat (g): 3, carb. (g): 20, fiber (g): 3, pro. (g): 9, sodium (mg): 1241, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.