Servings: 4 Prep 15 mins Cook 25 mins
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small bay leaf
- 3 pounds fresh tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
1. Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and bay leaf; cook 5 minutes, until softened. Add tomatoes; bring to a simmer. Lower heat; cover; cook 20 minutes. Remove bay leaf.
2. Puree tomatoes in blender or processor. Pour back into saucepan.
3. Mix cornstarch and milk in bowl. Stir into soup. Cook, stirring, over medium heat until thickened, about 6 minutes. Add pepper and thyme.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 150, Fat, total (g): 6, chol. (mg): 9, sat. fat (g): 1, carb. (g): 23, fiber (g): 4, pro. (g): 5, sodium (mg): 65, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.