- 3/4 cup finely diced, unpeeled, seeded cucumber
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 pounds tomatoes, chopped
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
1. Combine 1/4 cup cucumber, 2 tablespoons basil, 2 tablespoons red onion and 2 teaspoons oil in bowl.
2. Working in batches, puree tomatoes, vinegar, salt, pepper and the remaining cucumber, onion and basil in processor or blender. Serve immediately or refrigerate. Garnish with onion mixture. Drizzle each serving with 1 teaspoon of olive oil.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 143, Fat, total (g): 8, chol. (mg): , carb. (g): 19, pro. (g): 3, sodium (mg): 1098, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.