Servings: 4 Start to Finish 30 mins
Soup Garnish Bar:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 small onion, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup cooked and drained elbow macaroni
- 1/4 cup cooked white or brown rice
- 1/2 cup canned whole kernel corn, drained
- 1/2 cup cooked fresh peas or frozen peas, thawed
- 1 cup cooked and shredded chicken, pork, or turkey or cooked shrimp
- 1/2 cup diced firm tofu
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh mint
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 cups chicken broth (homemade or store-bought low-sodium), heated
1. Heat the oil in a small skillet on medium heat. Add onions and garlic. Saute for 2 minutes until the onions soften. Remove from heat and cool (this is one garnish).
2. Arrange onion mixture and all remaining garnish ingredients in 12 separate bowls with a small serving spoon for each. Allow everyone to pick and choose their own garnishes; put in soup bowls. Pour in 1 cup hot chicken broth into each personal bowl once finished.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 242, Fat, total (g): 8, chol. (mg): 31, sat. fat (g): 2, carb. (g): 24, Monounsaturated fat (g): 4, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 2, Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): 3, sugar (g): 3, pro. (g): 19, vit. A (IU): 292, vit. C (mg): 5, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 5, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 69, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): , sodium (mg): 750, Potassium (mg): 268, calcium (mg): 91, iron (mg): 3, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.