Servings: 8 Prep 15 mins Slow Cook 6 hrs on HIGH or 8 hours on LOW
- 1 cup wild rice and grain blend (such as Rice Select) or all wild rice
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 3 ribs celery, trimmed and chopped
- 1 package cremini mushrooms, cleaned and quartered (large ones cut in sixths)
- 1 whole chicken (3 or 4 pounds), cut up, wings reserved for another use
- 2 cans (14.5 ounces each) low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons dried poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
1. Sprinkle rice into bottom of slow cooker. Add onion, carrots, celery and mushrooms. Remove skin from chicken pieces and trim rib bones from the breastbone. Place chicken pieces over vegetables; add broth and 4 cups water. Add poultry seasoning, 1/4 teaspoon of the salt and the pepper.
2. Cover and slow cook for 6 hours on HIGH or 8 hours on LOW. Carefully remove chicken to a cutting board; discard bones. Shred or chop chicken; return to slow cooker and add remaining 3/4 teaspoon salt. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 230, Fat, total (g): 4, chol. (mg): 68, sat. fat (g): 1, carb. (g): 25, fiber (g): 3, pro. (g): 25, sodium (mg): 384, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.