Servings: 4 Prep 10 mins Cook 15 mins
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) fresh cauliflowerets
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups shredded hot-pepper Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup roasted red peppers
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon hot-pepper seasoning
1. Saute onion in oil in saucepan about 3 minutes or until tender.
2. Add 3 cups broth. Bring to boiling. Add cauliflower. Return to boiling. Reduce heat to medium; cook about 6 minutes or until almost tender.
3. Whisk together flour and the remaining 1 cup chicken broth in a small bowl. Stir into saucepan. Bring to boiling; cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 to 3 minutes or until thickened.
4. Remove soup from heat. Add cheese, stirring until melted. Stir in roasted red peppers, salt and hot-pepper seasoning, breaking up red peppers with a wooden spoon.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 294, Fat, total (g): 21, chol. (mg): 43, carb. (g): 14, pro. (g): 15, sodium (mg): 1265, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.