Servings: 6 Prep 15 mins Cook 25 mins
- 1 15 1/2 ounce can black beans
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 ribs celery, trimmed and diced
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo, drained and chopped
- 2 14 ounce cans vegetable broth
- 1 envelope ham-flavored concentrate (made by Goya)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup sour cream, optional
1. Drain and rinse all beans. Set aside. Heat oil in 5-quart stock pot over medium heat. Add carrot, celery, onion and garlic. Cook, over medium heat, for 5 minutes. Stir in chopped chipotle peppers.
2. Once onion and garlic are fragrant and slightly softened, pour in vegetable broth, ham flavoring, oregano, water and beans. Bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, covered, for 20 minutes, uncovering occasionally to stir.
3. Puree soup in batches and serve warm with sour cream, if desired.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 201, Fat, total (g): 5, chol. (mg): 1, sat. fat (g): 1, carb. (g): 37, fiber (g): 11, pro. (g): 10, sodium (mg): 1289, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.