Servings: 6 Prep 5 mins Cook 15 mins
- 1 medium-size red onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 15 ounce cans black beans, drained
- 1 11 ounce can corn niblets, drained
- 1 14 1/2 ounce can chicken broth
- 1 cup bottled chunky salsa
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1. Saute onion in oil in saucepan over low heat 5 minutes, until tender. Mash 1 cup beans in small bowl.
2. Stir mashed beans, whole beans, corn, broth, salsa, lime juice, salt and pepper into saucepan; simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes or until heated through. Serve with dollop of sour cream and lime, if desired.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 191, Fat, total (g): 7, chol. (mg): 2, sat. fat (g): 1, carb. (g): 25, fiber (g): 7, pro. (g): 8, sodium (mg): 1171, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.