Servings: 8 Prep 10 mins Cook on HIGH for 3 hours or LOW for 6 hours
- 3 1/2 pounds potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 small sweet red pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped broccoli
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup half-and-half
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat sour cream, plus additional for garnish
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 scallions, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
1. Combine potatoes, red pepper and broccoli in slow-cooker bowl. Pour broth over top; cover and cook 3 hours on HIGH or 6 hours on LOW or until potatoes are tender.
2. In a small bowl, stir together half-and-half, 1/3 cup sour cream, cornstarch, salt and pepper. Remove cover and mash potatoes slightly. Stir in half-and-half mixture and scallions. Spoon soup into bowls.
3. Divide bacon among bowls and dollop each with sour cream. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese, if desired.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 195, Fat, total (g): 4, chol. (mg): 16, sat. fat (g): 2, carb. (g): 30, fiber (g): 5, pro. (g): 9, sodium (mg): 764, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.