Servings: 6 Prep 10 mins Cook 20 mins
- 1/4 cup finely minced onion
- 1 finely minced garlic clove
- 1 14.1 ounce can diced tomatoes with liquid, such as Bionaturae Organic
- 1 1/2 cups garbanzo beans, drained and well rinsed
- 4 cups Kitchen Basics Natural Roasted Vegetable Stock
- 1/2 cup Eden Organic Vegetable Alphabets pasta
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
- 2 romaine hearts, quartered, then cut crosswise in 1/2-inch strips
- 1/4 cup Caesar salad dressing
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1. In a deep saucepan over medium heat, saute onion, cabbage, and garlic in olive oil until soft. Stir in tomatoes, beans, stock, basil, and oregano. Cover and bring to a boil. Stir in pasta. Reduce heat to medium. Cook about 5 to 10 minutes, until the pasta is soft. Meanwhile, make the salad:
2. With a rolling pin, flatten bread. Mist each front and back with olive oil spray, then sprinkle with garlic powder. Toast in a toaster oven until crisp. Using a 1-inch cutter, cut heart-shaped croutons out of each slice of bread. Set aside. In a large salad bowl, toss romaine and dressing. Sprinkle with cheese. Garnish with croutons.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 258, Fat, total (g): 12, chol. (mg): 7, sat. fat (g): 3, carb. (g): 32, fiber (g): 7, pro. (g): 9, sodium (mg): 575, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.