Servings: 6 Prep 20 mins Cook 12 mins
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 2 red and/or yellow sweet peppers, chopped (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 red onion or fennel bulb, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 3 14 ounce can chicken broth with roasted garlic
- 1 cup bottled marinara pasta sauce
- 1 16 ounce package frozen cooked Italian-style meatballs (32 bite-size meatballs)
- 1 cup dried mini penne pasta
- 3 cups packaged prewashed fresh baby spinach, chopped
- Shredded Italian cheese blend
1. In a Dutch oven heat oil over medium heat. Add sweet pepper and onion; cook and stir about 5 minutes or until tender.
2. Add chicken broth and marinara sauce to sweet pepper mixture; bring to boiling. Carefully stir in meatballs and pasta. Return to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 12 to 15 minutes or until pasta is tender. Stir in spinach. Sprinkle individual servings with shredded cheese.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 387, Fat, total (g): 23, chol. (mg): 58, sat. fat (g): 10, carb. (g): 25, Monounsaturated fat (g): 1, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 1, fiber (g): 5, sugar (g): 8, pro. (g): 19, sodium (mg): 1605, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.