Servings: 8 Prep 30 mins Slow Cook 8 hrs 30 mins on LOW
- 4 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
- 3 medium boiling potatoes, such as Yukon Gold, peeled and chopped
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups chopped canned tomatoes
- 2 medium zucchini, chopped
- 8 cups water
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 cups cooked or drained canned cannellini beans
- 1 cup small pasta, such as ditalini or elbows
- 1/2 cup prepared pesto
1. In a large slow cooker, combine carrots, potatoes, onions, tomatoes, zucchini and water. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
2. Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours or until vegetables are tender. Stir in beans and pasta. Cook until pasta is tender, about 30 minutes. Taste for seasoning.
3. Spoon soup into serving bowls. Top each bowl with a spoonful of pesto and serve hot.