Servings: 6 Yield: 6 cups Start to Finish 40 mins Prep 20 mins
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 3 cups dried fusilli
- 1 cup fresh or frozen butternut squash, cubed
- 1/4 cup light butter with canola oil
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons low-fat milk
- 1/3 pound reduced fat cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup whole wheat panko breadcrumbs
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 2-quart square baking dish with nonstick coating; set aside. Cook fusilli as directed on package. Drain and return to pot; keep warm.
2. Meanwhile cook butternut squash until it's tender enough to mash with a fork (about 8 minutes) in boiling water. Drain water, mash. Stir into macaroni along with the cheese sauce.
3. While macaroni cooks, melt light butter in a medium saucepan. Add flour and salt; stir for 1 minute. Add milk; stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Remove from heat; stir in cheese until melted.
4. Toss together macaroni, sauce and squash. Transfer to prepared dish. Sprinkle evenly with breadcrumbs. Bake for 20 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 308, Fat, total (g): 13, chol. (mg): 32, sat. fat (g): 7, carb. (g): 33, Monounsaturated fat (g): 2, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 1, Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): 2, sugar (g): 3, pro. (g): 12, vit. A (IU): 2982, vit. C (mg): 5, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 3, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 82, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): , sodium (mg): 343, Potassium (mg): 203, calcium (mg): 240, iron (mg): 1, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.