Servings: 8 Prep 15 mins Slow Cook 6 hrs on HIGH or LOW for 8 hrs
- 1 cup low-sodium beef broth
- 1 cup dark beer (such as Guinness)
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds flat-cut beef brisket, fat trimmed, cut into 1-1/2-inch chunks
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 14 1/2 ounce can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 15 1/2 ounce can red beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15 1/2 ounce can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- Sour cream, sliced scallions and shredded cheese (optional)
- Cornbread (such as Jiffy, optional)
1. In the base of a slow cooker, combine broth, beer and vinegar. Whisk in cornstarch until dissolved. Stir in tomato paste, molasses, chili powder, paprika, salt and pepper. Stir in beef, onion, garlic and tomatoes. Cover and cook on HIGH for 6 hours or LOW for 8 hours.
2. Stir in beans to heat through. Garnish with sour cream, sliced scallions and cheese and serve with cornbread, if desired.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 308, Fat, total (g): 5, chol. (mg): 49, sat. fat (g): 2, carb. (g): 30, fiber (g): 8, pro. (g): 32, sodium (mg): 612, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.