Servings: 6 Prep 15 mins Slow Cook At least 6 hrs on HIGH or LOW for 8 hours
- 3 large sweet potatoes, about 2 pounds, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, core and seeds removed, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) jalapeno-seasoned petite diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves, chopped
- 2 packages (8.8 ounces each) fully cooked microwavable brown rice (such as Uncle Ben's)
1. Coat slow-cooker bowl with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Layer sweet potatoes, onion, green pepper, garlic and pinto beans in slow cooker. Combine tomatoes, chili powder, cocoa, cumin, salt, cayenne and 2 cups water in a medium-size bowl. Pour over vegetables.
3. Cover and cook on HIGH for 6 hours or LOW for 8 hours.
4. Stir cilantro into chili and serve over brown rice.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 261, Fat, total (g): 2, chol. (mg): , sat. fat (g): , carb. (g): 53, fiber (g): 10, pro. (g): 9, sodium (mg): 651, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.